Roy M. Hartman Has Become a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator
Roy Hartman is available to mediate both pending lawsuits in Florida, as well as any disputes that have not yet been filed in the Florida courts.
Mr. Hartman has spent nearly 35 years in law practice, resident in Florida, as both a litigator and business lawyer. His background as a litigator has ranged from civil and appellate cases in the Florida state courts, and the Federal courts nationwide, involving:
- Complex commercial litigation matters - - such as claims involving securities fraud and other financial fraud, RICO, class actions, shareholder derivative claims, multi-party claims, construction defects, deceptive trade practices, and professional malpractice against CPAs and other professionals, among others;
- banking matters - - such as mortgage, UCC and mechanics’ lien foreclosures, as well as lawsuits involving letters of credit and potential lender liability, as well as loan workouts;
- bankruptcy matters for secured and unsecured creditors - - such as actions involving fraudulent conveyances, preferences, relief from the automatic stay, a denial of a bankruptcy discharge, non-dischargeability of a particular debt, objections to bankruptcy plans, and objections to claims;
- corporate disputes - - such as those involving D&O coverage, non-competes, breaches of indemnification, employment, shareholder, confidentiality, partnership, and trade secret agreements, breaches of fiduciary duties, and usurpation of corporate opportunities; and
- simple breaches of contract (buy/sells, real estate, commissions disputes, sales of goods and services, and landlord-tenant disputes), and collection disputes.
Mr. Hartman believes that this diverse legal background lends itself to mediate any number of different civil and/or commercial disputes. Mr. Hartman has been on both sides of the fence, representing plaintiffs and defendants, and believes his experience will allows him to be an effective mediator.
Additional information on Mr. Hartman’s background as a litigator and business lawyer can be found by clicking on the “Attorneys” link, above, and then on the link for Mr. Hartman, to review his “bio” and legal resume.
Roy M. Hartman, a Director at the Firm, is a member of the Firm’s highly experienced complex litigation practice group which represents accounting firms, banks and financial institutions, and private litigants, including regulated professionals, in such diverse matters as securities litigation, RICO, and other complex litigation matters. Mr. Hartman also heads up the Firm’s bankruptcy and creditors’ rights practice. He is a frequent lecturer to accountants and attorneys on matters pertaining to professional liability claims, securities regulation, Sarbanes-Oxley, lender liability, creditors’ rights, and bankruptcy issues, among other topics.